Your complete TSP grant application consists of two parts. The online questionnaire is the first part. The second is your supplemental packet containing hard-copies of your supporting documents. All supporting documents—the grant application supplemental packet—must be sent to the following address:
The Skatepark Project
1611-A S. Melrose Dr. #360
Vista, CA 92081
Your supporting document packet should include:
- IRS Determination Letter
- Evidence of Community Support
- Skatepark Design
- Financial Statements
Further instructions regarding these items follow the Application below.
In order to consider your skatepark project for a grant from The Skatepark Project (TSP), it is important that you present the most accurate, up-to-date information.
If this application is coming from a non-profit organization other than a municipality, a copy of your IRS Determination Letter indicating your non-profit status MUST be submitted with the supplemental packet. The Applicant must itself be a public agency or a federally registered non-profit organization and must be the organization listed on the IRS Determination Letter.
If your organization or the skatepark project has already received a TSP Grant Award greater than $1,000, you are NOT eligible to apply again.
THF GRANT APPLICATION DIRECTIONS:
- All questions must be answered and completed to the best of your ability. We recognize that applicants will be in different stages of the skatepark development process and you may not be able to answer every question directly. It is important that you do respond to the best of your ability (for example, if you have not already hired a professional designer, discuss how you will go about choosing a designer, where appropriate).
- If you find that you are unable to provide most of the information requested, it is in your best interest to not submit an application until you can do so. If you have not yet raised any funds, it is in your best interest to do so before applying for a grant from The Skatepark Project. If you are unsure if you are prepared to apply for a grant from TSP, please contact us.
- While not all supporting documents are required, the more thorough your application, the better we can evaluate your project. Building a skatepark is a difficult task and we use the requested information to help determine which groups are not only committed but have the support necessary to see the project through to completion. We view your thoroughness in applying for a grant from TSP as a reflection of your organization’s capabilities in seeking funds elsewhere.
- If the skatepark is part of a larger park project, please limit your budget answers to only the skatepark expenses within the larger project. If the skatepark will be built in phases, please limit your design and budgetary answers to the current phase that you are funding. Do not include budgetary information and designs for phases of the project that are not currently being pursued, or financial information for the larger park development.
NOTE: Should your project be awarded a grant from The Skatepark Project, you will be required to provide status reports on your skatepark project on a regular basis.
If you have questions about the application or grant processes, please contact us.
Sorry. This form is no longer available.